Communications Manager - Public Relations/Social Media
- - Communications
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- PTO, Vacation, 403B, Medical, Dental, Vision, Holidays
Join Girl Scouts of Central Indiana's communications team to share your public relations talents to impact the lives of generations of girls. Position includes:
- Manages media relations in regional areas across the council's 45 counties, including media markets of Bloomington, Columbus, Lafayette, Muncie, Richmond, and Terre Haute and surrounding media markets. Regularly promotes Girl Scouts via public service announcements, media alerts, opinion editorials, and press releases, along with stories from Girl Scouts / troops.
- Manages social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Coordinates Girl Scout participation in various PR opportunities across the 45 counties.
- Develops and coordinates scripts and presentations for GSCI events as needed.
- Writes articles for newsletters and other publications as needed.
- Develops a depth of knowledge regarding the design of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and can easily articulate to any stakeholder the virtues of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned to support the goals and objectives of GSCI.
- Serves as Girl Scouts of the USA advocacy representative for the council. This includes participation in GSUSA hosted webinars, and providing summary of GSUSA advocacy priorities to council CEO. At least one time annually leads a communication strategy to connect with local elected officials in collaboration with CCO and CEO regarding the impacts of GSCI.
* Please submit a sample news release and corresponding pitch email along with resume.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts